[ RadSafe ] Re: Soldiers Face Debilitating Diseases

Susan Gawarecki loc at icx.net
Fri Feb 10 12:59:31 CST 2006

>She said the use of depleted uranium has to be studied because, as she put it, we're sending our best people into battle and their well-being must be the top priority.

The military is the only job where a person is sent into a situation
with a high likelihood of death or serious injury.  This level of risk
wouldn't be tolerated in any civilian job in this country.  It amazes me
that DU exposure has become such an issue in light of the big picture,
especially since its use as a highly effective penetrator likely saves
soldiers lives.

Another good reason why Iran shouldn't be enriching uranium - they would
then have the DU to turn into battlefield weapons that might ultimately
be turned on us.

Susan Gawarecki