[ RadSafe ] particle cloud expansion

Robert Young Robert.Young at state.tn.us
Thu Feb 16 06:48:43 CST 2006

Check out:

"Workbook of Atmospheric Dispersion Estimates: An Introduction to
Dispersion Modeling", Second Edition
D. Bruce Turner    Consultant, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA

As I recall, "Turner's Workbook" used to be the gold standard in
dispersion modeling, however I am not 100% sure that this is the same
turner, nor if the second edition is the latest edition.

Robert Young
615-424-XRAY

>>> "Tom and Vicki Goff" <goffs at plateautel.net> 2/15/06 7:04:00 PM >>>
Does anyone have the equation and reference for how fast a airborne
particle release expands?

I recall some of the equation and it includes particle size, density
and air temperature.

This would be for an environment where there are essentially no air
currents.