[ RadSafe ] SI; Now or never?

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Fri Feb 17 07:46:15 CST 2006

John,
your two sets of wrenches example demonstrates that there are
serious issues associated with the units in use. BTW, I had not
thought of this problem; you can encounter English sized bolt
heads here, but seldom enough to write the issue off.
 In spectrometry, not that I would be unhappy to sell two
instruments instead of one - each per metric system - if I could,
but I cannot. :-)
Just the slightest hint of any conversion problem or whatever
unit issue would mean a lost customer... (good we all count the
time in seconds, energy in eV etc.... and activity, well, I keep
this "user defined", no big issue inside a big software).

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com