[ RadSafe ] SI; Now or never?

Jean-Francois, Stephane stephane_jeanfrancois at merck.com
Fri Feb 17 10:06:17 CST 2006

This discussion comes on a yearly basis on RADSAFE. Just for your info, even
in Canada where we are "SI", we do have "odd" sizes like my V-8 tomato juice
of 354 ml or Coca Cola of 355 ml....So what do you think is a 355 ml can of
Coke ??? Do you think this is real SI ? The only real conversion I see is
for milk where we have REAL 500 ml or liters etc. and of course for
regulatory issues like speed , radioactivity, dose rate etc.

But really I don't care about SI or non-SI, for Health Physics purposes.
Either way, there is always a factor you can use....only maths.

Stéphane Jean-François, Eng., CHP
Manager, Environmental and Health Physics services
Merck Frosst Canada
514-428-8695
514-428-8670
stephane_jeanfrancois at merck.com