[ RadSafe ] Can tritium produce bremsstrahlung?

Louie Cueva louie at tgainc.com
Tue Feb 21 20:30:35 CST 2006

I recently received a "nite glowring" as a gift which is a tritium-based
keychain marker light. I cannot find manufacturer information (since they
are not sold in the US) or the specification as to the activity of tritium
inside. The only technical information on the construction came from an eBay
link. http://tinyurl.com/kne8v [eBay.com]. Using a Ludlum Model 3 with a
44-9 pancake probe I can read 0.8 mR/hr on contact.

-Louie Cueva