[ RadSafe ] DU in Hawaii: I am shocked .... shocked!

bobcherry at cox.net bobcherry at cox.net
Fri Jan 6 09:38:02 CST 2006

Honolulu Advertiser - Schofield uranium find prompts call for probe - Rod Ohira: http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060106/NEWS08/601060367/1018/NEWS

Honolulu Star-Bulletin - Uranium revelation upsets isle activists - Rosemarie Bernardo: http://starbulletin.com/2006/01/06/news/story06.html

KHNL8 - Depleted Uranium Found In Military Base On Oahu:

KGMB9 - Depleted Uranium Found at Schofield: http://kgmb9.com/kgmb/display.cfm?storyID=6966

"The [15] tail assemblies are about 4 inches in length and an inch in diameter. Army officials said they are from subcomponent remnants from training rounds associated with an obsolete weapon system that was on Oahu in the 1960s."

"'These kinds of activities are a death sentence to our land and resources' said Vicky Holt Takamine of the Liliouokalani Coalition."

The mind boggles. "Death sentence" for a land subject to tsunamis and active volcanoes? Perspective, people!

Bob C