[ RadSafe ] Radiation protection and Radiological emergency softwares for PDA 's

John G. Hunt john at ird.gov.br
Thu Jan 12 07:28:00 CST 2006

I'm not sure what a PDA is, but I can inform about software for calculating
doses for emergency situations. I wrote and have extensively tested and used
a program called VMC – dose calculation, which is set up to calculate doses
for point source, semi- infinite cloud or plane surface irradiations.

The program is free and available from: http://www.doseinfo-
radar.com/RADARSoft.html . In my opinion, to a new user, it is about as easy
to use as Powerpoint. It should also be useful for training, as it shows the
geometry of irradiation and all the photon interactions.

best regards,

John Hunt.