[ RadSafe ] Re: Pb's future as a shielding material

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Mon Jan 30 16:07:13 CST 2006

This RoHS nonsense is, I guess, what it lookls like.
They'll protect us now from the lead in solder compounds
(and thus probably kill the anyway crippled EU electronics industry),
then they'll protect us from the NPPs by closing them all,
and eventually the survivors of all that will be able to
pick a cave to settle in. Whether they will have to
rediscover fire - and whether the rediscoverer
of it will be rechained in Causcasus - remains
to be seen.
 Those responsible for all this disastrous nonsense will of course
claim ignorance and the public, being well trained to
perceive them so, will gladly believe it...

As to the usage of lead in lead castles,  my guess is
they have not bothered yet to think about it (no
real cash in that for the pack to go after).

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com