[ RadSafe ] Rad user/hazmat employee training - more

Marty.Bourquin at grace.com Marty.Bourquin at grace.com
Tue Jan 31 17:34:01 CST 2006

In fact the FAA has made it a goal to inspect every facility that ships
HAZ Mat by air. (or at least thats what the inspector that showed up at
our facility stated). We had no items of non-compliance by the way.  But
he did state that he had filed an NOV on a company that morning with a
proposed fine of $27,500 - no training.

Another agency that has stepped up Haz Mat inspections is the FRA.  If
you ship HazMat via rail you can expect an inspector to show up - the
stated goal is once a year.

Marty Bourquin
W.R. Grace & Co - Chattanooga
Manager EH&S