[ RadSafe ] Clarification: RE: Cohen, Hiserodt, Rockwell speak at DDT, Portland, Aug 5

Jane Orient jorient at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 1 13:00:53 CDT 2006

DDP is very concerned about overstating the hazards of low-dose radiation,
but it is important to remember that the dangers of high-dose radiation are
not in dispute. After a nuclear detonation, fallout is intensely
radioactive; fortunately, it decays rapidly. In most areas, it would be safe
to emerge from shelter, at least part of the time, after two weeks. Without
shelter from fallout, millions will die agonizing-and completely
preventable-deaths. There is no pill, or vitamin, however: shelter is
absolutely necessary. The means to measure radiation is also critical. DDP
makes available materials from early U.S. government research on civil
defense. Most important is Cresson Kearny's book Nuclear War Survival
Skills, originally published by Oak Ridge National Laboratory. Please see
our website for a link to a free download: www.oism.org/ddp.

I hope that Taiwan has better civil defense than the U.S.!

  _____