AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] In utero dose "Alara Does Work" ?!!

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 15:43:58 CDT 2006

Dr. Cohen,
Of course, if there are questions about the bias of
the data does it matter what the results are?

--- Bernard Cohen <blc+ at pitt.edu> wrote:

>  From Matanoski, GM (1991) Health effect of low
> level radiation in
> shipyard workers, Final report. Report No. DOE
> DE-AC02-79 EV10095; U.S.
> Dept. of Energy : Comparing Tables 3.6B and 3.6D, t
> he cancer mortality
> rate for the exposed was only 85% of that for the
> unexposed, a
> difference of nearly two standard deviations
>

> Rainer.Facius at dlr.de wrote:
>
> >Dear Jim,
> >

> >in the data published in Matanoski's final report I
> cannot detect a clear cut 'protective' association
> of occupational radiation exposure with cancer(!)
> mortality. If you have not received my PDF file
> (MatanoskiTable3_6excerpts.pdf) with the graphic
> representation of these data I can send them once
> more so that you can point me where to look at in
> these data.
> >

> >Kind regards, Rainer

=== message truncated ===

"You get a lot more authority when the workforce doesn't think it's amateur hour on the top floor."
GEN. MICHAEL V. HAYDEN, President Bush's nominee for C.I.A. director.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com