[ RadSafe ] Chicago Area Health Physics/Environmental Scientist Position
SShafer1 at aol.com
SShafer1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 6 12:49:47 CDT 2006
Radiological & Environmental Management, LLC (REM, LLC) has the following
full time position available through August 1, 2006 to interested parties:
Position Title: Associate Health Physicist
Position Requires: 1) a Bachelor’s Degree in health physics, physics, health
science, environmental science or related physical or life science with no
previous experience; or 2) an Associate's Degree in health physics, physics,
health science, environmental science or related physical or life science with
5 years of applicable health physics experience; or 3) four years of
formalized training in health physics and 10 years of applicable health physics
experience; 4) applicants must be proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and
Access and other computer skills are a plus; and 5) must pass a physical
examination consistent with the requirements outlined in 29CFR1926.120(f) with no
A Bachelor.of Science. degree and experience with the use of radiation
survey instrumentation is preferred but all parties should respond.
1) Provide radiological verification surveys using GPS equipment coupled to
radiation survey instrumentation.
2) Provide radiological support services to the facility on site inspector.
3) Provide data review and data management.
4) Perform quarterly water sampling.
5) Perform weekly environmental monitoring.
6) Perform QA on all data collected.
7) Perform all record keeping activities required by the project QA Plan.
8) Perform soil sampling
9) Perform other duties as assigned by client.
10) Perform regualtory oversite of remediation activities
Annual Salary Range depending on experience: $30,000 - $45,000
Benefits include healthcare compensation, retirement plan, and annual
performance bonus. This is a professional position with paid vacation,sick pay and
REM, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Work location is in West Chicago, Illinois which is located in the southwest
suburban area of Chicago.
Please send resume including past project experience to (email responses
Stephen B. Shafer
Radiological & Environmental Management, LLC
3700 Persimmon Drive
Algonquin, IL 60102
email: sshafer1 at aol.com
(630) 293-6378 (West Chicago Project Phone)
(630) 293-6349 (West Chicago Project Fax)
(630) 632-5819 (Cell Phone)
(847) 458-7194 (Office Phone & Fax)
More information about the RadSafe