[ RadSafe ] Risks from rdaition overstated, which dose level to choose?

parthasarathy k s ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 23:10:56 CDT 2006

Dear Dr Raabe,

The problem is in choosing the dose level below which we can ignore biological effects. How do we get the number?.There is a need to educate people that at low levels say of the order of  5 mSv there is no risk. DOE supported Low dose research group has shown that uising background radiation as a bench mark is not going to help. They shosed that more quantitative information leads to more anxiety.

Regards
K.S.Parthasarathy Ph.D
(formerly, Secretary, Atomic Energy Regulatory Board)
Raja Ramanna Fellow
Strategic Planning Group,
Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences
Department of Atomic Energy