[ RadSafe ] Re: Cameron's refutation of "Alara Does Work" -Pr eemployment physicals

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 14:18:43 CDT 2006

Doug,
Thanks for the reply.

Nevertheless, those who have a political agenda will
always claim that conspirators are out to foil their
programs.  I am sure that the "truths" found in this
report are being suppressed will continue.

I hope that people will recognize this for what it is,
cherry-picking of data.

--- "Minnema, Douglas" <Douglas.Minnema at nnsa.doe.gov>
wrote:

> All,
>
> Having worked for one of the men who chartered this
> study, I can confirm
> what John is saying, but add one last minor point.
> Yes, the study answered
> the question that had been asked, and it used the
> money alloted for it.  The
> addition is that publication was not part of the
> original task - when it was
> later recognized that the report should be published
> and money was found for
> that, the researcher had moved on to other things
> and was not interested in
> supplying the time or effort necessary to publish.
> The report sat on a
> shelf and was available to those who asked for it.
> It was that simple - no
> suppression of information, no tricks to hide the
> conclusions, no
> conspiracy.
>
> If somebody thinks we are capable of such masterful
> conspiracies lasting
> over many years, they haven't seen DOE from the
> inside.  As with most
> government agencies, we struggle to do the best we
> can matching the money
> given us with the expectations placed upon us, and
> then we move on to the
> next underfunded task.  That is not intended as
> criticism, just stating the
> facts.
>
> Doug Minnema, PhD, CHP
> National Nuclear Security Administration, US DOE

. . .

+++++++++++++++++++
e to the x, dy dx, e to the x, dx
Tangent, Secant, Cosine, Sine
3.14159
Square Root, Cuberoot, udv
Slipstick, slideroot
NCE

Cheerleaders chant from my old undergraduate college.
-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com