[ RadSafe ] ICRP Consultation

Fred Dawson fd003f0606 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 10:53:10 CDT 2006

Draft ICRP Reports - be informed, provide comments!

02/276/06 - 5 June 2006
DRAFT RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION ON RADIOLOGICAL
PROTECTION

http://www.icrp.org/draft_second.asp

The repoprt can be found at
http://www.icrp.org/remissvar/remissvar.asp?doc=Recommendations

clik on the link "view document"

In 2004, ICRP consulted publicly for 6 months on a first version of its
draft next Recommendations. The consultation generated overwhelmíng interest
and more than 600 pages of constructive and helpful comments from some 200
respondents all over the world. Now, we are consulting on an updated draft
which was compiled taking the consultation comments on the previous version
into account.

This updated draft is posted for consultation on our comments page. We would
appreciate your comments no later than Friday 15 September.

Since this is the second round of consultation, and concerns an amended
version, we are particularly keen to get comments on topics that generated
many and diverse comments on the previous version. Some such questions from
ICRP are highlighted in the present draft.

We have already consulted on documents on health risks and on dosimetry that
will form Annexes to the draft Recommendations. These documents are not part
of the present consultation, but links to them as updated after consultation
are provided here so that you are able to refer to them for completeness.
Similarly, you may wish to refer to our draft reports on the representative
person and on optimisation, both of which have already been subjected to
consultation. You may also wish to refer to our draft report on the scope of
radiological protection for which we are accepting consultation comments
until 19 June.

Fred Dawson
New Malden
Surrey. England