[ RadSafe ] RE: uranium in the gulf war

Eric D edaxon at satx.rr.com
Sat Jun 24 10:30:41 CDT 2006

Unfortunately Mr. Salsman did not relate the main thrust of my comments and
Dr. Alexander's comments concerning UO3.  I do not agree that UO3 is an
issue for reasons that I have already discussed.  DoD did look for and found
trace amounts of UO3 as expected.  I have read the references quoted below
and they support my conclusions and the findings in the DoD Capstone report.

The message conveyed by the remainder of Mr. Salzman's post is incorrect and
at odds with what we know about uranium and depleted uranium.  This subject
has been studied since the late 1940's.

If your friend has concerns about his exposure, the Department of Veterans
Affairs and the Department of Defense have programs that can provide
information and assistance.  I helped put them together.

v/r

Eric Daxon, PhD, CHP
Colonel, USA(Ret)