AW: [ RadSafe ] X-rays linked to breast cancer risk

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Tue Jun 27 09:04:01 CDT 2006

To properly assess the bearing of these results we have to remember that repair of DNA damage (from any source) is severely impaired in cells carrying these genetic defects! From this perspective the findings are rather a reminder of the overwhelming importance of repair mechanisms - notwithstanding their potentially crucial implications for screening techniques.

Regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine