[ RadSafe ] Mobile phones & lightning strikes

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 10:02:43 CDT 2006

Bjorn,
I would not consider this to be silly or not of
importance.  Lightening stikes to people on phones
does occur.  The phone company publishes warnings
about saying off of regulate land-line telephones.  I
would assume that lightening is also one of the
biggest killers of golfer.

--- Bjorn Cedervall <bcradsafers at hotmail.com> wrote:

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/extract/332/7556/1513-b

> Worst sort of entertainment - now in sensational
> media of course.
>
> Almost everyone has a mobile phone nowadays...
>
> I bet that those victims had something to drink the
> last 24 hours before the
> lightning struck. Maybe it is drinks...
>
> The good thing with this piece of news is that many
> non-scientists probably
> will understand themselves how crazy this kind of
> research is.
>
> The bad thing about it is that the finding pushes
> most scientists another
> step downhill from the throne of credibility.
>
> My personal idea only,
>
> Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com

"You get a lot more authority when the workforce doesn't think it's amateur hour on the top floor."
GEN. MICHAEL V. HAYDEN, President Bush's nominee for C.I.A. director.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com