[ RadSafe ] Fwd: French Academie des Sciences

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 10:56:54 CST 2006

Dr. Parthasarathy, et.al.,
So, after all of the reading of papers, reviews and
rebuttals, what do you think will come of all this
work?  Has anyone seen any indication that regulatroy
limits will be changed?

P.S. Jim, I found the two papers you mentioned in
Radio. Environ. Biophys. and will read them later this
week.

http://www.thehindu.com/thehindu/seta/2005/07/14/stories/2005071400091600.htm

> To many scientists,  scientific articles are not
> promptly available; very often they are receievd
> months after publication. Many journals are too
> expensive. Whenever there is a cash crunch journals
> take the first hit. At times, the decision is based
> on how many persons read the particluar journal! If
> there are only three or four regular readers, that
> journal is removed promptly.
>
>   Regards
>     K.S.Parthasarathy Ph.D
>   (formerly, Secretary, Atomic Energy Regulatory
> Board)
>   Raja Ramanna Fellow
>   Department of Atomic Energy
>   Room No 18
>   Ground Floor, North Wing
>   Vikram Sarabhai Bhavan
>   Mumbai 400094
>   E-mail ksparth at yahoo.co.uk
>   91+22 25555327 (O)
>   91+22 25486081 (O)
>   91+22 27706048 (R)
>   9869016206 (mobile)
>

> "Muckerheide, James" <jimm at WPI.EDU> wrote:
>   Hi John,
>
> If you were up to date on the literature you would
> know that the paper is
> from last year, but the Tubiana/Aurengo paper is
> more recent. :-)
>
> I didn't think they were the same. I just opened my
> PDF of their paper (Oct
> 05, but I think the issue was late coming out) and
> the PDF is corrupted. :-(
>
> There is a later brief paper by them (with D.
> Averbeck and Roland Masse), in
> a "debate" format with a brief paper by Dave Brenner
> and Rainer Sachs
> defending the LNT (referring to BEIR VII!?) It was
> online-before-print in
> Radiat. Environ. Biophys. about a month ago.
>
> Regards, Jim

"It is not the job of public-affairs officers to alter, filter or
adjust engineering or scientific material produced by NASA's technical
staff."
MICHAEL D. GRIFFIN, NASA administrator.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS