[ RadSafe ] Mayaro uranium canister

Roy Parker radmail at cox.net
Wed Mar 8 08:46:55 CST 2006

The device depicted in the article is a SPEC 2T industrial radiography
camera which has not been produced for a number of years, although it
remains in use and source assemblies are available for it.

What I am still trying to figure out is how such a 40 pound device "washed
ashore?"  These have been known to have been used as boat anchors.

Roy Parker