AW: [ RadSafe ] Re: No suggestion to change regulatory limits

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Wed Mar 8 09:42:18 CST 2006

"I believe one of the purposes for performing and documenting hormesis studies is to influence the regulatory community to elevate regulatory limits."

John:

As a scientist I am more interested to learn "what are the facts" rather than satisfying regulators.

Of course, somewhere the funding for such work has to come from, but from that perspective it could turn out to be counterproductive to advocate hormetic effects of chronic low dose and low LET exposures given the fact that much (or most?) of the funding is provided by those with a regulatory agenda which would risk to make themselves obsolete.

So, I rather believe that those studying hormesis are also primarily motivated by a drive to learn "what are the facts".

Kind regards, Rainer

I believe one of the purposes for performing and
documenting hormesis studies is to influence the
regulatory community to elevate regulatory limits.
<...>