AW: AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Fears promoted by anti-nuclear Greens

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Wed Mar 15 15:08:59 CST 2006

John:

Frankly, I do not understand your question?

If you ask for a source for my first sentence, this is not a verbatim quotation - it is the common tenor of the messages communicated by the media (and not only by activists) whenever they address the topic of radiation! In view of our previous exchanges on that topic my impression is that this not a uniquely German problem and the beginning of the current thread testifies to the same so that I need not repeat them once more. When you try to argue against it you are confronted with BEIR VII and the like. Their corresponding press releases are on file in the editorial offices of TV stations and newspapers and who am I to argue against the National Academy of Sciences!

That there might be a range of exposure levels in the order of the variation of natural background, i.e. of 10 or 20 mSv per year with no measurable associated risk is anathema.

Best regards, Rainer

PS: I do not address the question whether or not regulators do need the LNT concept to manage the practical aspects of radiation protection.