[ RadSafe ] Re: Fears promoted by anti-nuclear Greens and self-serving regulators

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 14:55:46 CST 2006

Dr. Long,
I do not know any of the "scientist" you are referring
to.  If you mean the names on your list, I would first
ask you to consider their expertise and motives.  I do
not consider a climate physicist to answer questions
about endocrinology.  Would you?

It appears that many of the concerns about global
warming data have being answered in the last few
years.  Maybe you should reconsider your views in
light of the scientific data.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> John, Your put-down of scientists for whom I have
> the greatest respect, after debating with them for
> many hours,  indicates where I should consider your
> opinions.
>
>   Regretfully, Howard Long
>
> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Dr. Long,
> The majority of the scientist who STUDY climate,
> unlike those on your list, believe that global
> warming
> is year. The organization you provide the link to
> carries little, if any weight, in this issue.
> Ignoring
> the science that being studied does not prove you
> position, just your inability to accept reality.
>
> 1. Anyone can set up a Web site to have people sign
> in. There was probably no checking to see if the
> signators were really who they say they are.
>
> 2. I wonder how many who originally signed have
> changed their minds.
>
> --- howard long wrote:
>
> > NOT the "majority" believe global warming as much
> > problem as CO2 starvation.,John.
> > Go to www.oism.org/pproject for better info.
> >
> > Howard Long
> >
> > John Jacobus wrote:
> > Rainer,
> > Yes, I knew you were referring to a different
> paper
> > by
> > Brenner.
> >
> > The issue of how the media reports science stories
> > is
> > not a new one. When my daughter and son were
> > majoring
> > in journalism, they were required to take a basic
> > science course, like biology. The inherent problem
> > is
> > the reporters are no more knowledgeable about
> > science
> > than other members of the public. Consequently,
> when
> > a "news" story is developed, I doubt if many
> reports
> > have any idea about the science or the
> uncertainties
> > that goes into the data and its analysis. Consider
> > the questioning of "global warming," despite the
> > fact
> > that the majority of science who actually do the
> > studies think it is a real phenomenon.
> >
> > --- Rainer.Facius at dlr.de wrote:

"Those who corrupt the public mind are just as evil as those who steal from the public purse."
Adlai Stevenson

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist