[ RadSafe ] Soldier tortuous death blamed on DU

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 22 10:05:33 CST 2006

On 22 Mar 2006 at 2:15, Roger Helbig wrote:

> Stephanie Hiller is another person spreading lies and scaring the families
> of our soldiers half to death

If the dangers of DU were as evident as these emotional articles
attempt to imply, one would expect a significant number of these
cases to be observed. I am not an expert on esophagus cancer, but
what are the causative factors, and timing of onset. Cancers occur in
general populations, at a rate of 40% of all individuals (both lethal
and not). Military individuals are also going to emulate this general
population, as will those who work in my company, my neighbourhood,
etc. Blaming everything on the fact that a person worked with or was
exposed to radiation caused their cancer is simply looking for a
scapegoat. People get ill, and unfortunately, people do die, from all
causes. Not just radiation. It's too easy to point to the radiation.
But the statistics don't validate that.

-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/