[ RadSafe ] response to allegations and news: Vets plus DU pl us the Law

Mercado, Don don.mercado at lmco.com
Wed Mar 22 13:35:39 CST 2006

> From: James Salsman [mailto:james at bovik.org]wrote:
>
> The Mississippi study cited is flawed; this one is
> better, and
> from the same time period:
>
> "Prevalence of Birth Defects Among Infants of Gulf
> War Veterans
> in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Georgia, Hawaii,
> and Iowa,
> 1989-1993," by M.R.G. "Happy" Araneta, et al., in
> _Birth Defects
> Research (Part A)_, vol. 67, pp. 246-260 (2003.)

http://www.bovik.org/du/mscusn/BD_Infants_GWV_AR_AZ_CA_GA_HI_IA_1989-199
3.pd

> Note that the Basrah University Hospital civilians
> didn't have
> the same spike that the U.S. and U.K. troops did.
>
> Sincerely,
> James

In the conclusion it that study they stated:

"We did not, however, have the ability to determine if the excess was
caused by inherited, environmental, or synergistic factors, or was due
to chance." They also discuss the statistical insufficiencies of the
study due to low numbers of subjects to study.

This is an inclusive study where they admit the don't know why the
numbers are the way they are, so to link it do DU is simply a pure
fabrication and verbal terrorism at its worst.