[ RadSafe ] Re: Soldier tortuous death blamed on DU / esophagus cancer - hot liquids

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 23 04:54:13 CST 2006

Drinking very hot liquids was found as a factor around 1975 (can't remember
the exact ref. but it was published in The Lancet).

The study was a follow up after some other group had claimed that coffee
correlated with esophagus cancer. This next group had studied all sorts of
liquid intake and sorted up the information according to the categories hot
/ not hot. Heat was the common denominator and coffee was ruled out as the
cause. Considering my own coffee (I never drink it hot) consumption I hope
this conclusion still holds.

Alcohol intake is another correlant.

My personal comment only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com