[ RadSafe ] Re: depleted uranium cherry & battle

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 27 14:25:22 CST 2006

Dr. Rokke,
I am not sure why you are sending this extensive
message to me at this time.  As far as I am concerned
this is a dead issue.  I certainly have no plans to
endorse any of your efforts on DU.  As a retired
military officer and American, I endorse the medical
support of our military personnel.  However, I think
your politically driven agenda on DU is a nucance.

--- Dlind49 at aol.com wrote:

> John Jacobus crispy_bird at YAHOO.COM: Your previous
> efforts to prevent formal
> Department of the Army acknowledgment of the serious
> adverse health and
> environmental effects and to initiate retaliation
> against me through Doug Aitken,
> Colonel Ed Battle, and Colonel Robert Cherry in
> response to the December 2004
> Vanity Fair article written by David Rose on DU that
> was published in large part
> do to my continued efforts to ensure that medical
> care is provided to all DU
> casualties as required by numerous direct orders
> issued by the Department of
> the Army, Department of Defense, and Department of
> Veterans Affairs and
> specifically the medical care and thorough
> environmental remediation that is required
> by U.S. Army Regulation 700-48 were wrong and
> illegal. Today; 15 years after
> my own, my teams, friendly fire victims, and
> thousands of others were exposed
> to DU contamination via ingestion, inhalation,
> absorption, and wound
> contamination (shrapnel); mandatory radio-bioassay
> and consequent medical care is still
> delayed and actually denied to U.S. military,
> foreign military, and civilians
> who were exposed and now experience medically
> verified adverse health effects.
>

> Your email quote "I still think that a letter to the
> Editor of Vanity Fair
> with this information and links that tell what is
> known about DU should be sent.
> You are abandoning the field to the enemy, or at
> least ignorant." End quote
> generated a letter from Ed Battle that was simply an
> attack designed to prevent
> public awareness and DOD compliance with orders and
> regulations.   I do not
> know why you think the enemy is myself and others
> who are attempting to ensure
> that already mandatory medical care is provided and
> that environmental
> remediation is completed.   The real "public enemy"
> consists of those individuals who
> use uranium weapons and those who are attempting to
> prevent public awareness
> of and DOD compliance with orders and regulations
> that mandate immediate
> medical care and thorough environmental remediation.
> Colonel Cherry and Colonel
> Battle have been on the attack against me ever since
> I refused to provide
> continued proponency for use of depleted uranium
> munitions as required by the
> infamous March 1991 Los Alamos memorandum issued by
> LTC Michael Ziehmn, U.S. Marine
> Corps, and the December 1992 AEPI directive. Your
> comment quote "or at least
> the ignorant" end quote is very interesting and
> telling as you are indicating to
> me and others that you believe that only Colonel
> Cherry and Colonel Battle
> are the experts and have all of the knowledge.
> Simply neither one of them were
> asked to do the clean up work after Gulf War 1 and
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

"Those who corrupt the public mind are just as evil as those who steal from the public purse."
Adlai Stevenson

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist