[ RadSafe ] Dirty Bomb Material Crosses Border

bobcherry at satx.rr.com bobcherry at satx.rr.com
Thu Mar 30 14:30:34 CST 2006

It is an impossible task to completely stop smuggling of drugs, Cuban
cigars, and people. Should anyone be surprised that trying to stop
smuggling of radioactive material is any different?

Of course, I am not suggesting that we should not defend against
smuggling, only that 100 percent success is not possible. And the
success rate is probably inversely proportional to some extent to the
amounts being smuggled in a single attempt. This was a small amount of
radioactivity.

Bob