[ RadSafe ] Dirty Bomb Material Crosses Border

Mercado, Don don.mercado at lmco.com
Thu Mar 30 14:32:00 CST 2006

I wonder if the response or publicity would have been different if they had 100 Ci of H-3 in exit signs.

BTW, the GAO guys are transporting radioactive materials on public roadways. Were the materials properly packages, marked, labeled and manifested in accordance with DOT regulations? Were the GAO guys certified haz mat shippers? Was the vehicle they were in certified to transport hazmat?

Book 'em Danno!