[ RadSafe ] Unpublicized Radiation Protection Story

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 14:32:53 CDT 2006

Dr. Long,
I am not sure if there are "hundreds" on Jim's Web
site, and Jim should be able to give you a number.

Many of the studies listed in this site were published
in the open literature.  Many are historical.  Even
the NCRP, UNSCEAR and BEIR committee reports note the
existance of such work as the nuclear shipyard reports
and others.  You should also read their comments.
There is no censorship.

Of course, if you are looking for a conspiracy, you
will find it. It is just difficult for you to accept
the fact that everyone does not agree with you.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Hundreds of studies showing support for this are
> compiled at James Muckerheide <jimm at wpi.edu>.
>
>   They are not published much, John J, because the
> editors have a relationship with you bureaucrats who
> keep jobs only by perpetuating the myth of LNT.
>
>   Your "peer review" requirement is just censorship.
>
>   Howard Long
>
> "Scott, Bobby" <BScott at lrri.org> wrote:
>   Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:44:47 -0600
> From: "Scott, Bobby" <BScott at lrri.org>
> To: <radsafe at radlab.nl>
> Subject: [ RadSafe ] Untold Radiation Protection
> Story
>
> I thought readers of the Radsafe Digest may find the
> radiation
> protection story that follows to be of interest. Our
> research relates
> to stochastic biological effects of exposure of
> mammalian cellular
> communities to low doses of ionizing radiation.
> These effects include
> induced genomic instability, mutation, neoplastic
> transformation, and
> cancer in organisms. What we have learned about
> exposure to low doses
> and dose rates of low-LET radiations such as X and
> gamma rays is that
> doses above varying thresholds (for different
> individuals) appear to
> activate a system of transient protective processes
> that include high
> fidelity (efficiency) DNA repair, an auxiliary
> selective apoptosis
> process (called the PAM process), and the immune
> system. The high
> fidelity repair when activated likely includes
> repair of spontaneously
> occurring DNA double-strand breaks and competes with
> normal apoptosis
> (cell suicide, when severely damaged). The
> abbreviation PAM stands for
> "protective apoptosis mediated". The PAM process,
> which involves an
> auxiliary apoptosis mechanism, when activated
> removes existing
> genomically unstable cells (spontaneous and other)
> that arise from
> misrepair of DNA damage (e.g., mutant and
> neoplastically transformed
> cells).

"People will be shocked to see how safe it is to live in New York City."
ANDREW KARMEN, a sociology professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, on murder trends in the city.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com