[ RadSafe ] Hormesis evidence from Chernobyl- Dr. Zbigniew Jaworowski

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Tue May 9 12:11:35 CDT 2006

"mortality rate of survivors of the acute radiation sickness, at 1.09%,
  was much lower [ LOWER] than the mortality rates for the whole population of Belarus
  of  1.4%, Russia's 1.38%, and Ukraine's 1.65%)."
  (caps mine, Howard Long, MD MPH)

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Dr. Long,
I am quite secure in my job. I do not have to use
"fear-mongering." I hope that your comments are not a
personal indictment against what I say.

The accident at Chernobyl is not related to the issue
of ALARA. The response to accidents is quite
different as personnel would be expected in their
response to get higher, but not lethal, doses. Of
course, since you are not a professional in radiation
safety and health, I would not expect you to know the
difference.