[ RadSafe ] Cost of a man-rem

koskokd at aol.com koskokd at aol.com
Tue May 16 08:55:55 CDT 2006

 Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for information regarding the definition of "reasonable" as it applies to  a person-rem of exposure. I expect that the definition varies greatly depending on the applicable regulatory agency and/or the political drivers at a particular site. Specifically, I would like to know what value (in dollars per person-rem) is used at your site when considering work approach, engineering controls etc.. I would also be interested in knowing if your site has no assigned monetary value directly associated to a person-rem. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Kevin D. Kosko
President
K2 Environmental Services LLC.