[ RadSafe ] Cost of a man-rem

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 11:56:39 CDT 2006

Kevin,
Another value is the NRC's assessment of $2,000 per
man-rem. There analysis is in NUREG 1530,
"Reassessment of the NRC's Dollar Per Person-Rem
Conversion Factor Policy."
You can get a copy by sending an e-mail request to
distribution at nrc.gov

--- Jose Julio Rozental <joseroze at netvision.net.il>
wrote:

> By 8/23/99 similar question was made, my information
> at that time can be
> used today. Pleaso GO TO
> http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/9908/msg00533.html
>
> I will only add one more reference IAEA Safety
> Series 109 Intervention
> Criteria in a Nuclear or Radiation Emergency, 1994 -
> infortunably no more
> available to download. Look at page 72 - I.10 - I.16
>  Value Assigned to
> avoiding health detriment.
>
> Jose Julio Rozental
> joseroze at netvision.net.il
> Israel

"People will be shocked to see how safe it is to live in New York City."
ANDREW KARMEN, a sociology professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, on murder trends in the city.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com