[ RadSafe ] Re: funniest DU scare story ever !

alstonchris at netscape.net alstonchris at netscape.net
Thu May 25 15:47:43 CDT 2006

"Exposure rate", I don't know, but the beta doserate at contact with a DU source of infinite density (1/8" ?), e.g., the plaques used to calibrate survey meters, is 230 mrad/h, as best I recall.  The 60 and 90 keV x-rays only sum to about 7%, so that wouldn't be much exposure; but there's bremsstralung, too ...(?)

Cheers
cja

denison8 at wowway.com wrote:
>Anybody got a ref for the exposure rate from a kilo of DU (I'm at
>home without my books).  Off the top of my head I'd guess no more
>than a couple of mrem.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.