[ RadSafe ] Warning laber maker

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 07:42:01 CDT 2006

John,
I believe that the upside-down trefoil is the symbol
for a fall-out shelter.  See
http://www.civildefensemuseum.com/signs/index.html

--- John Andrews <andrewsjp at chartertn.net> wrote:

> Maury Siskel wrote:
>
> > Question has arien in past about warning labels
> and expecially the
> > trefoil for radioactivity. For kaking this and a
> wide selection of
> > warning markings on your own printer, go to:
> > http://www.warninglabelgenerator.com/
> >
> > Cheers and Happy Decoration Day
> > Maury&Dog
> >
> > Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to
> have read and
> > understood the RadSafe rules. These can be found
> at:
> > http://radlab.nl/radsafe/radsaferules.html
> >
> > For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe
> and other settings
> > visit: http://radlab.nl/radsafe/
> >
> I thought something was wrong with that radiation
> symbol.  It is upside
> down!   And, the center dot is too small.  The specs
> are in 10CFR20, I
> think.  The distance from the center dot to the
> blade of the symbol
> should be 1/2 the radius of the dot.
>
> OK, so I am picky, picky, picky...
>
> John Andrews, Knoxville, Tennessee

"You get a lot more authority when the workforce doesn't think it's amateur hour on the top floor."
GEN. MICHAEL V. HAYDEN, President Bush's nominee for C.I.A. director.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com