[ RadSafe ] Th-201 and portal monitors

Borisky, Michael (Civ, ARL/ADLO) mborisky at arl.army.mil
Wed Nov 22 06:31:48 CST 2006

On a somewhat related subject, there is apparently a CAT scan procedure
that is sometimes used in conjunction with the standard cardiac stress
test or even in place of it.  Apparently they can scan the coronary
arteries with CAT and get an idea of the extent of blockage.

Can someone tell me how the dose from a standard stress test compares to
the dose from the alternative CAT scan procedure.

Thanks

Mike Borisky
ARL Radiation Safety