[ RadSafe ] Ultra-Low Level Radiation Effects

Otto Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 22 22:50:16 CST 2006

November 22, 2006

Last January a meeting of distinguished scientists was held in Carlsbad,
New Mexico, to discuss the need for an ultra-low (near zero) radiation
effects laboratory. Until we can study the effects of near-zero exposure to
ionizing radiation, we will not truly understand the risks or benefits
associated with low level exposure to ionizing radiation. Attached as a PDF
file is the final report from that summit. By working in a radiation free
environment where radon is filtered from the air and food contains only
stable potassium,  we can directly evaluate the cellular and somatic
need to know about ionizing radiation effects, but we really don't.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140