[ RadSafe ] RE: radsafe Digest, Vol 70, Issue 5

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu Nov 23 12:15:26 CST 2006

Shawn

I would check with Nordian at http://www.mds.nordion.com/.

John
 _________________
John R Johnson, Ph.D.
*****
President, IDIAS, Inc
4535 West 9-Th Ave
Vancouver B. C.
V6R 2E2
(604) 222-9840
idias at interchange.ubc.ca
*****

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl]On
Behalf Of Shawn Hughes (Road2)
Sent: November 23, 2006 8:03 AM
To: radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: [ RadSafe ] RE: radsafe Digest, Vol 70, Issue 5

Which begs the question; how does one, not affiliated with any legit
research facility, obtain deuterium?

Shawn R. Hughes
Special Projects Consultant
near Oak Ridge, Tennessee

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:51:50 +1100
From: "Peter Thomas" <Peter.Thomas at arpansa.gov.au>
Subject: RE: [ RadSafe ] Reactor in the Basement!
To: "Kristian Ukkonen" <kristian.ukkonen at iki.fi>, <radsafe at radlab.nl>

Kristian Ukkonen wrote (inter alia):

>The "flash" is actually a beatiful "star" in the middle
>of the vacuum chamber with the electrostatic confinement electrodes,
and it stays there - ie. not any flash but a plasma lasting as long  >as
there is the high-voltage.

This is something I'm not very clear on.  Is there a difference between
a discharge and a plasma?  Inside the central electrode I imagine that
the electric potential is fairly flat but it's sitting at -20 to -50 kV
relative to the grounded chamber, throw in some low pressure gas and you
have a Crookes tube.  A lot of these guys test their set-ups with
nitrogen before they run with deuterium, do they still get the pretty
"star" with non-fusing gases?

Peter Thomas
Medical Physics Section
ARPANSA