[ RadSafe ] Oncology 'laser', questions

Flanigan, Floyd Floyd.Flanigan at nmcco.com
Fri Nov 24 00:57:00 CST 2006

Laser is in quotes because it is being used lightly. In reality it is a light 'pen', designed for near contact application of source light to tumor surface. As for the light being emitted, here is an excerpt from Wikipedia:

"Radon

Notable characteristics

Essentially chemically inert, but radioactive, radon is the heaviest noble gas and one of the heaviest gases at room temperature. (The heaviest known gas is Uranium hexafluoride, UF6.) At standard temperature and pressure radon is a colorless gas but when it is cooled below its freezing point it has a brilliant phosphorescence which turns yellow as the temperature is lowered and orange-red at the temperature air liquefies."

My guess is the light is always there but only visible to the naked eye when it is cooled enough to slow the resulting photons to the visible light band?

Let's not go 'poo pooing' a theory which is in its infancy. I'm looking for feedback and collaboration here. This is one of the purposes of this list. There are a lot of you out there with a lot on the ball. If this idea has a potential for benefit to cancer sufferers, it is in everyone's interest to iron out the kinks and get on with it.

Floyd