[ RadSafe ] Po-210 Lethal dose

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:34:42 CST 2006

Thank you for your comments.

>As you said, the problems in the argument are the dose coefficients.
>
>They are given in Sv/Bq, so they are referred just to stochastic effects.
>These coefficients are derived taken into account the total integrated dose
>in the total person life (considered 50 years for every adult), so they are
>not applicable to acute irradiation effects.
>
>When referring to non-stochastic effects you should use Gy/Bq.
I agree (Sv is only for stochastic effects).

If we are at approx. 20 microgram of Po-210 this amount in itself can hardly
be seen by the eye - then as a dissolved preparation (ionic form) it can
clearly not be seen.

Anyone who has worked with weighing chemicals knows that it becomes hard
when you get down to a few milligrams (humidity, static electricity...).
This in itself points at "professionals" being involved to provide some
chemical carrier.

My personal comment only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com