[ RadSafe ] Po210 quantitative information?

Keith Welch welch at jlab.org
Thu Nov 30 10:13:51 CST 2006

Has anyone heard anything quantitative regarding the levels of
contamination found in the dozen or so locations they're talking about?
I imagine they may be keeping info close to the vest for investigative
purposes, but it sure would be interesting to know what has been found
and where.  The "authorities" might not realize they have a sizable
population of folks who could help them communicate things rationally to
the public if they'd talk in quantitative terms.  I heard an interview
on BBC this morning in which a physicist was falling all over himself in
order to emphasize what a non-problem the contamination was for the
public.  But never did he mention any quantities.  They are obviously
concerned about public panic; they should enlist the expert population
who can talk about this stuff and give us a little info to go on (IMHO).

Keith Welch