AW: [ RadSafe ] lethal amount of Po-210

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Thu Nov 30 10:36:47 CST 2006

I just read (http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/0,1518,451726,00.html) that according to the British Royal Society of Chemistry the retention time of Po is about a month and that 1 microgram is sufficient to kill an adult.

Being less than what I estimated this is within the postulated factor of 10 and consistent with my attempt to overestimate the necessary amount - neglecting the gut absorption factor once more :-)

Regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine