[ RadSafe ] Po-210 incident

Mercado, Don don.mercado at lmco.com
Thu Nov 30 11:57:47 CST 2006

Emily Bain wrote:

"FYI British Airways has several press releases on their Great Britain
home site along with a list of affected flights. I hope this helps"

I wonder how much of what they are "finding" is really Po-210. I haven't
seen anything that says it definitely is. Think there might be residual
from medical isotope use? Thorium from welding rods?

Donald P. Mercado
Radiation Safety Officer
Explosives Safety Officer
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
O/9K-2S, B/157
1111 Lockheed Martin Way
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Ph. (408) 742-0759
Fx. (408) 756-0504
Don.Mercado at lmco.com
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but
rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
worn out, and loudly proclaiming
-- WOW!!! -- What a Ride!!!"