[ RadSafe ] Recent Article on Magnetic Fields and Pacemakers

Wes WesVanPelt at Verizon.net
Wed Oct 25 08:37:12 CDT 2006

All,

Recently I recall reading a scientific article on new research on the
effects of magnetic fields on pacemakers. I believe the article focused on
NMR units and concluded that some implanted medical devices (e.g.,
pacemakers) could be affected by static magnetic fields below the current
occupational limit for persons with such implanted devices.

Does anyone recall this article? If so, would you please send me a reference
to it.

Best regards,
Wes
Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD, CIH, CHP