[srp] RE: [ RadSafe ] There's nothing you can do to hurry radioactive decay, the textbooks will tell you, but New Scientist meets a physicist who begs to differ

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 25 09:25:29 CDT 2006

Hi Nick

Greetings from BBC (Beautiful British Columbia).

I haven't seen your name for many years and I agree with your analyses
regarding the "waste stream".  However, the risk to worker working with
Th-Nat is higher as thorium is the most toxic radionuclide (about a factor
of 10 above U-Nat) known to the ICRP and NCRP.

Best regards

John