[ RadSafe ] There's nothing you can do to hurry radioactive decay, the textbooks will tell you, but New Scientist meets a physicist who begs to differ

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 08:38:16 CDT 2006

Fred,
Actually, we may have been dimming the sun for
decades.  http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/about.html
The effects may have been masking global warming.

I saw the show and it was worth it.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/fundamentals/mg19225741.100-halflife-heresy-accelerating-radioactive-decay.html

> FOR ALL its eureka moments, science has taught us
> many unpalatable lessons
> about what we are powerless to do. We can't dim the
> sun to remedy droughts
> or global warming.  . . .

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist