[ RadSafe ] The Role of Low-Dose Radiation in the Maintenance of Life

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 09:12:03 CDT 2006

Dr. Scott,
Do you also note that radiation may increase cancer
cell proliferation?  I also try to present both sides
of controversial topics.

>From another posting:

http://www.dukemednews.org/news/article.php?id=9922

  Cancer stem cells linked to radiation resistance

DURHAM, N.C. --

Certain types of brain cancer cells, called cancer
stem cells, help brain
tumors to buffer themselves against radiation
treatment by activating a
"repair switch" that enables them to continue to grow
unchecked,
researchers at Duke University Medical Center have
found.
. . .

--- "Scott, Bobby" <BScott at lrri.org> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues:
>

> Today I presented an in-house seminar at our
> Institute entitled "The
> Role of Low-Dose Radiation in the Maintenance of
> Life".  The seminar
> points out how low doses and dose rates of low-LET
> radiation have been
> demonstrated to suppress the occurrence of cancer
> and other diseases. I
> have made a pdf version of seminar slides.  I would
> be happy to send the
> pdf file to those who have and interest.  Just send
> an e-mail to me
> requesting the presentation.  Other related
> presentations are available
> in the Low Dose Research section of my website:
> www.radiation-scott.org
> <http://www.radiation-scott.org/>  .
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Bobby R. Scott
>
> Senior Scientist
>
> Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute
>
> 2425 Ridgecrest Drive SE
>
> Albuquerque, NM 87108 USA

May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist