[ RadSafe ] Chernobyl haunts the Norwegian uplands

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Oct 30 11:09:28 CST 2006

When I worked at AECL's CRNL in the 70's and 80's, we always asked workers
with unexpected amount of Cs-137 in their whole body counts if they had been
eating game from Northern Ontario. If the answer was "yes" we wouldn't do a
urine bioassay for Sr-90, if "no" we assumed they had been contaminated at
work and an investigation was done.

I think Gary Kramer (now at Health Canada) has monitored people in Yukon and
the NWT, but I don't know what he found.

John
John R Johnson, Ph.D.
*****
President, IDIAS, Inc