[ RadSafe ] Chernobyl haunts the Norwegian uplands

Raymond A Hoover ray2hoover at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 16:38:13 CST 2006

There a still quite a few RBMK 1000's in operation.

parthasarathy k s <ksparth at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:          The booklet titled " Wholebody counters(1964) in "The understanding the atom series" of the USAEC contains interesting details of the measurement of Cs-137 content in Swedes and Norwegians caaried out by Dr Liden at the University of Lund. Cs-137 originated from fallout from atmospheric weapon testing. C E Millier and Marinelli identified Cs-137 in human body for the first time in 1955.

It is worthwhile to collect data from the Chernobyl fallout; the way nuclear reactors are designed now with admirable safety features, there may never be another Chernobyl!!

Regards
K.S.Parthasarathy