[ RadSafe ] Deborah Hastings, AP Reporter

Roger Helbig rhelbig at california.com
Wed Sep 6 05:03:08 CDT 2006

A couple of weeks ago, I posted Ms Hasting's article on alleged sickness from DU which focused on Herbert Reed, a committed anti-DU activist as well as former National Guardsman who served in Iraq.  To contact Ms Hastings, e-mail dhastings at ap.org and to contact her boss Jerry Schwartz, call 212 621-1625 or e-mail him at jschwartz at ap.org.  Suggest that she really learn about radiation and DU, not just feed at the trough of the anti-DU activists with a bit of a sop to someone more moderate like Dan Fahey.  I am going to suggest that the real story is the anti-DU crusade and the crazies who inhabit it rather than the alleged sickness in soldiers who can not even prove exposure to DU let alone prove a connection to their illnesses.  I really wish that they would focus on real possible causes for their illnesses instead of catering to the anti-DU crazies.  They would be far better off.

Roger Helbig

If you have not read her article, it is here http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2006/08/12/sickened_iraq_vets_cite_depleted_uranium/

and has been spread around the world by the anti-DU crusaders

The real Herbert Reed from No More DU at Yahoogroups.com

Florence and I are working on setting a date and agenda for the next
No More Du meeting. The main topic will be a report by Herbert Reed on
his recent trip to Japan to participate in the 3rd International
Coalition to Ban Uranium Weapons (ICBUW) Conference in Hiroshima.
Herbie has a lot of information and news for us.